Monthly Archives: March 2014

R2 Dome re-wire

When I first wired up the dome, I got it to work and was happy as I had other pieces/parts to work on.  One of the ‘to-do’ items was to go back and clean up the wire installation. One of the main things that bothered me was the inline resister needed for the holoprojector LED.  I found round circuit boards at Radio Shack, and soldered on the resister and two two-pin headers.  I then soldered on two female connectors to both the wires from the arduino and those going to the LED.  I mounted the circuit board behind the HP, and now I can simply plug-in both the power/ground and the LED making for a simple swap-out if needed.  My HPs do not move, but in the future if I decide to have them move I’ll just relocate the circuitboard.

Before

Before

After

After

After cleaning up some of the wires, I used a blue mesh wirewrap to bundle the wires together.  I also moved the 25-pin connector from the vertical piece of styrene to the inner ring for a more solid and easier place to plug it in.

Re-wired Dome

Re-wired Dome

IMG_3248 IMG_3249 IMG_3250

Cost:
$x Mesh tubing
$x Circuit boards